We’re a digital studio working with clients in a range of sectors delivering best in class digital products & experiences. Our client base is across the UK and US, working with forward-thinking brands in the property, charity and tech spaces – not one project is ever the same and every day brings exciting new challenges for us to solve.
We are seeking an experienced WordPress Engineer to join our team. As a WordPress Engineer, you will be responsible for developing high-quality enterprise-level themes from start to finish with full flexibility for clients using the Gutenberg editor. You will work closely with our designers, project managers, and other engineers to create beautiful websites you and the client will be proud of.
Requirements & Skills
- Expert knowledge in creating Commercial WordPress-based websites
- Have 2+ Years agency experience in front-end development
- Experience with Gutenberg, ideally using ACF blocks
- You write componentized, readable and semantic code
- Abide by a “Mobile-first” methodology
- Experience with Version Control
- Understand SEO principles and how to implement code to good SEO best practices
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Work closely with our wider team to participate in meetings and help shape project concepts and specifications
- Demonstrate a strong track record of working with WordPress and WooCommerce, showcasing your proficiency in creating and customising WordPress themes and plugins
- Maintain and develop new features for existing clients/projects
- Debug and troubleshoot website issues raised
- Be well-versed in BEM methodology, Gitflow, and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) to ensure our websites are built to the highest standards.
- You aim for your next project to be the best you’ve produced yet
Nice to have
- Bedrock WordPress framework
- NextJS and headless CMS environments
- Deploying to live production environments
- Deployment tools such as Capistrano/Git Hooks
- 39 days holiday – including bank holidays, your birthday off, an extended Christmas break plus an extra Friday off for our annual retreat
- Company health care plan – help with mental health support, therapies, diagnostic services, and other support services
- 24/7 online doctor – access to unlimited video appointments with a general practitioner — often with same day or next day availability
- Dental and optical cashback – up to £625 per year cashback on dentist’s fees, prescribed glasses, contact lenses and eye tests
- Annual retreat – we take the whole team for a long weekend in a different European city each year to unwind and explore
- Remote and flexible working – work the way that’s best for you. Flexible and hybrid working options
- Learning contribution – £300 per year towards any additional learning such as online courses, subscriptions or reading materials to help you expand your knowledge
- Monthly Peer recognition – for when team members go above and beyond – the top performer of the month takes home a £100 bonus.
- Monthly team socials – we get together to celebrate new partnerships, team members, anniversaries and birthdays
If you’re interested in this exciting opportunity and meet the requirements above, please submit your application below – we look forward to hearing from you!
No recruitment agencies please.