1) Definitions and Interpretation
“cookie” means a small file consisting of letters and numbers that Our Site downloads to your computer or device;
“web beacon”means a small, transparent image file (usually only 1-pixel x 1-pixel in size) used for tracking user behaviour and activity around Our Site;
“We/Us/Our” means Adaptable Design Co (UK) Ltd, a company registered in England under 08607332, whose registered address is 7c Frederick Street, Victoria Works, Birmingham, B1 3HE and whose main trading address is 7c Frederick Street, Victoria Works, Birmingham, B1 3HE
2) We use the following types of cookie:
1) Strictly Necessary Cookies – A cookie falls into this category if it is essential to the operation of Our Site, supporting functions such as logging in, your shopping basket, and payment transactions.
2) Analytics Cookies – It is important for Us to understand how you use Our Site, for example, how efficiently you are able to navigate around it, and what features you use. Analytics cookies enable us to gather this information, helping Us to improve Our Site and your experience of it.
3) Functionality Cookies – Functionality cookies enable Us to provide additional functions to you on Our Site such as personalisation and remembering your saved preferences.
4) Targeting Cookies – It is also important for Us to know when and how often you visit Our Site, and which parts of it you have used (including which pages you have visited and which links you have clicked on). As with analytics cookies, this information helps us to better understand you and, in turn, to make Our Site and advertising more relevant to your interests.
5) Persistent Cookies – Any of the above types of cookie may be a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are those which remain on your computer or device for a predetermined period and are activated each time you visit Our Site.
6) Session Cookies – Any of the above types of cookie may be a session cookie. Session cookies are temporary and only remain on your computer or device from the point at which you visit Our Site until you close your browser. Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
We also use web beacons on Our Site to track your navigation around it. As with analytics cookies described above, web beacons help us to understand how you use Our Site and enable us to improve it in the future.Cookies on Our Site are not permanent and will expire as indicated in the table below. For more specific details of the cookies that We use, please refer to the table below.
What Cookies Does Our Site Use?
Cookie Title: Google Analytics
Cookie Name: _utma _utmb _utmc _utmz
Type of Cookie:These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. More >
How You Can Control Cookies
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. You can change these settings if you wish, however please be aware that this is not generally a per-site setting and will prevent all websites from using cookies, not just Ours. Please also be aware that by disabling cookies in your browser, you may impair the functionality of our site
The links below provide instructions on how to control cookies in all mainstream browsers:
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/278835
Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/products/microsoft-edge (Please note that there are no specific instructions at this time, but Microsoft support will be able to assist)
Safari (OSX): https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_GB&locale=en_GB
Safari (iOS): https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201265
Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en (Please refer to your device’s documentation for manufacturers’ own browsers)
2) We use web beacons in some of Our emails. We use web beacons to detect when (or whether) you open an email and how you have interacted with it, and other information such as your email client, web browser, computer or device, and IP address. Web beacons may also be used to serve up emails in a particular format that is best suited to your computer or device.
3) Emails from Us may contain links. Each one of those links will contain a unique tag which enables Us to track which links are being used and by whom. This information can then be used to improve and tailor our emails in the future.
For more information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org (this is an external link and We are not responsible for its content).